Our God You are the Rock
For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.Romans 1:20
Our God, you are the Rock.
When our lives and the world around us seems confused and shrouded with uncertainty… you are the Rock.
You are the Rock in whom we can take shelter.
In you, we can have comfort. We hold on to the promises, written in your Word.
Father, we are surrounded by issues that create uncertainty and fear
- Russia invades Ukraine
- Refugee crisis
- Putin warns NATO
- Korea tests missiles
- Civilian casualties
- Environmental crisis
- COVID-19 pandemic
Sound bites like these, bombard us every day with repetition, slowly infiltrating our thoughts.
Closer to home we face everyday issues that concern our families, friends and loved ones.
- Housing affordability
- Economic uncertainty
Father God, you are the Rock.
Help us to remember that you are above all things.
You have revealed yourself throughout time as the Creator, Eternal, Almighty.
Through Jesus you revealed yourself and by your Holy Spirit you dwell in us.
You promise new life, a life in harmony with you, the one who is eternal.
You are a just and forgiving God, who has already conquered the things that we fear.
Your Church has been established worldwide to make a difference.
We trust in you, the Rock.
- The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
- Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge.
- They have no speech, they use no words; no sound is heard from them.
- Yet their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world. In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun.
- It is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
- It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other; nothing is deprived of its warmth.